New Thought Topic
It is at this moment that we have stepped upon the bridge of love which can move through time and space to any place at any moment. It is a mystery but a sweet one, that within such love lies freedom.
When we do the work of re-aligning our heart-minds with highest good then there is no need to change anyone else. Those people who are good for us manifest in our lives when we are ready for them to appear. This is an ancient secret. I am happy that I met you because you have a good heart and a good mind. I really enjoy your perspective.
I feel that it is important to follow the principle that in order to change anything we must change ourselves. When I do treatments I do not treat the other person, I treat my vision of the truth of that person. I have found that everything I need comes to me in this life. Whether I am in the United States or elsewhere in the world, I have found that unless we insure that New Thought is there for people to see, then most people will not be aware of its existence.
Our lives are works of art and we can create the most beautiful tapestry of interwoven threads, a vision that is fulfilled in harmonious crescendos of color that create a strong and lasting legacy of beauty. The greatest beauty is found in simple things: the smile of a child, the dance of a young rabbit in spring, the sun setting in the mountains while one sits in a natural hotspring.
DivineUnity Beliefs ~ What We Believe
DivineUnity - 7 Basic Beliefs and The Equilibrium
1. We believe in the unity of all life and the unity of all life with the Divine Energy that is the root and fruit of all being.
2. We believe in spiritual evolution. The entire universe is evolving and growing and we are evolving from human self-conscious individuals into complete awareness of our DivineUnity as divine centered people.
3. We believe in the goodness of Spirit and in our innate goodness, because we are made in the image and likeness of the Divine. We believe that through perceiving our DivineUnity we are able to best embody the Divine will. We are worthy and loved.
4. We believe in responsibility and compassion. We take full responsibility for our lives because we are free, spontaneous, and unique individualization's of the Divine and we embody Divine love through compassionate action.
5. We believe in healing. We believe in using doctors and healers to achieve healing but that any condition can be transformed through affirmative prayer. Where doctors fail, the Divine will prevail.
6. We believe there is truth in all religions. We respect all love based ministries and all compassionate spiritual paths. We believe in harmony among diverse peoples, cultures, families, and life styles of the world rooted in and respecting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
7. We believe in spiritual transformation. As we open our minds and hearts to the Divine, and consciously love and serve others, we are transformed into the embodiment of DivineUnity. We choose our lives as spiritual beings with courage and grace.
The Equilibrium - A Root Teaching
At the heart of our teaching is the wonderful mathematics of compassion which is called The Equilibrium. Sometimes called the mathematics of success, the Equilibrium was stated mathematically by John Nash. This wonderful mathematics can be summed up in prose as:
"Do what is good for the group and do not exclude yourself."
Thus we might rephrase the Equilibrium by saying: "Do what is good for the group and what is good for yourself, do what is good for yourself but insure that it is also good for the group."
In short this is the very root of the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." The great challenge of the Golden Rule in the conception of many is that it can lead to 'meaningless' self-sacrifice. As opposed to 'meaningful' self sacrifice which is found when the fireman rushes into the burning building when others are running out, or when Lieutenant Vladimir Pravik entered Chernobyl to put out the nuclear fire even in the obvious face of a most likely hideous death by radiation poisoning, meaningless self-sacrifice happens all the time when people exclude themselves from the equation.
In contrast to the person who excludes themselves is the person who is only thinks about himself or herself and this results in greed and corruption. This is an obvious spiritual deficit and results in direct and easily observable suffering.
When we observe nature and see the success of ecosystems and interaction of animals to support one another, even the predators are trimming the flock of the old or the weak. We can see this equation working throughout the world in successful systems.
In short this is the New Thought, concept of co-creation. This equation allows for us to see the mathematical importance of the concept of co-creation and how this goes hand in hand with the understanding of partnership. This leads us to the deep teachings of Partnership which are perhaps best explained through the works of Riane Eisler. We begin to understand that Partnership is essential both to success and prosperity and in fact the very root of survival for us as a species and for our planet as a diverse and beautiful jewel of ecosystems intertwined across the globe.
Thus it follows from our belief in the Equilibrium that we believe in:
Partnership, Compassion, Forgiveness and Reconciliation.
You can learn more about New Thought Path by going to their website.
The Equilibrium ~
7 Basic Beliefs ~
Divine Unity Affirms ~
5 Social Practices ~
Principles of Divine Unity ~
What We Teach Our Children ~
Human Rights ~
There are many wonderful New Thought organizations with diverse root texts and a variety of approaches to those texts and distinct methods of teaching.
Explore different New Thought beliefs and choose the approach that best suits you.
While we are aware that the majority of people who choose the New Thought Path do not find a New Thought Community that suits their sensibilities, we encourage you to visit the different centers.
The basic premise of New Thought is that which is Divine is Good and Omnipresent. New Thought is based on Universal Spiritual Principles as demonstrated and taught by historical figures such as Buddha, Danika, Lao Tzu, and Jesus the Christ. It is understood there are many "Wayshowers." The strength of the teaching of a particular Wayshower is demonstrated through the consciousness and actions of the followers of that path. The adherents of each spiritual path are collectively responsible to the rest of humanity and all life to insure that the expression of their path is not abusive or violent nor violates the rights of other beings.
As mentioned above, New Thought is inclusive and draws on the wisdom of all traditions that teach the truth of our Unity with God/Good and the omnipresence of God/Good.
Explore the Rainbow of New Thought Beliefs / Discover your Truth!
We are not affiliated with old New Thought Transdenominations: Neither United or International Centers for Spiritual Living, nor Unity, DivineUnity, UFBL or Divine Science.
We serve all New Thought Communities regardless of their affiliation or independence.
We serve all Science of Mind & Religious Science Centers including those calling themselves Centers For Spiritual Living regardless of their independence or affiliation.
Serving New Thought provides support to all New Thought Communities regardless of their independence or affiliation.